I wrote the title of this post to purposely make you ask “What?????” Got your attention! Now read on about one of the coolest beads I know, and why it’s so…
What are the great points of round silver-plated beads? Off the top of my head, here are 5:
- These have big holes. For example the 5mm bead above has a 1 to 1.5mm hole. That’s a lot of space for stringing onto a range of wire, cable or cord! How versatile!
- They’re shiny. Of course! And with that real-silver gleam.
- They’re affordable. Up next to a solid sterling bead, the “dash 3” plated version is an incredible bargain.
- What a blank slate to work with! Silver goes with so many colors and textures. Along with basic black (and lava stone 🙂 ), this is one of the easiest ‘colors’ to work into all of your designs.
- They’re from Rings & Things…so you actually know they’re silver-plated. We don’t try to tell you they’re sterling or anything else. Just the facts, ma’am!
Dash-3’s have lots more going for them. Do you have a testimonial for silver-plated beads? Write it in a comment below!