Our designer Evette sent me over an idea for a bicycle belt buckle that she made:
- 1 of item #55-000-05 Idea-ology™, Ornate Plates (Antiqued Metals)
- 1 of item # 30-193 Buckle Blanks, Nickel Silver (Silver)
- Item # 86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- Some parts from item # 82-500-08 8oz EasyCast Epoxy Kit
- Bicycle picture, copyright-free from Flickr
- First heat belt buckle and then patina it.
- Use punch to make holes in the ornate plate & set in eyelets, hammer down and file, then patina.
- After patina dries on belt buckle, drop photo into the ornate plate, fill with resin & place belt buckle in desired spot so that it dries with the resin.
- After that dries, flip belt buckle over, level out and pour desired amount of resin (either over the entire ornate plate or just in the oval lip).
See how quick & easy it is to make hip jewelry! (Above the hip, I guess.) 🙂