I am always looking for ways to incorporate messages or cute little phrases into my jewelry. I think a word or phrase can change the whole meaning of a piece of jewelry. By adding words, you can add emotion to your designs. So when we added new stamp-able Cloverleaf Connectors to our inventory, I just couldn’t resist making a pair of earrings to show off their stampability!
The connectors come in three sizes and six platings. The sizes are 9mm, 12mm and 16mm and the platings are raw brass, antique brass plated, antique silver plated, antique copper plated, gunmetal, and silver plated. They are also two sided and you can even stamp both sides! So let me show you how I created these and hopefully you will be inspired to create a pair of your own.
I am an antique copper kinda girl myself so that is what I chose to use for this design. I wanted to make a somewhat whimsical pair of earrings, so I stamped WISH and WANT into the earrings, but you could choose any 4-letter word… naughty or nice 😉 … to convey your message. Here are the supplies needed to make these earrings:
- Cubic Zirconia Briolettes ( I used the 18mm pink ones)
- Cloverleaf Connectors ( I used 8 of the 12mm antique copper plated connectors)
- Copper wire (I used 26 gauge raw copper wire)
- Metal Stamps (I used the Siena Uppercase Set)
- Antiquing solution or sharpie ( I used Liver of Sulfur Gel)
- French earring hooks (I used antique copper plated plain french hooks)
- Jump Rings ( I used 24 solid copper oval jump rings)
Well I hope I have inspired you to add a little wording to your designs! The possibilities are truly endless! Worded bracelets, necklaces and earrings galore! If you need to learn how to wire wrap a briolette, go to our blog “How to Wire Wrap a Briolette” and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! ~~Tiffany