I love the charm-adorned “Alex & Ani” style adjustable wire bracelets that have been gaining popularity, and of course wanted to make my own version. For ease, I chose to fabricate my bracelet from Memory Wire. Memory Wire is made of durable stainless steel, and comes in the perfect round bracelet shape and the additional wire forming can be easily made with Memory Wire bending pliers. An added benefit to using Memory Wire is it can be adorned with colorful beads from Toho Seed Bead Cocktail Mixes. Here are the step-by-step instructions to make my “Happy Octopus” Adjustable Wire Bangle Bracelet.
You will need these supplies:
- 1 Pewter Charm (I used the #49-948-70 Octopus)
- 1 Pkg Memory Wire (use 10″ of #61-167 Anklet-Size Stainless Steel)
- 2 Silver-Plated Round Jump Rings (use two #37-145-3 19-gauge 6mm jump rings)
- 1 Swarovski 10mm Crystal Pendant Heart (I used #06-228-10-28, Blue Zircon color)
- 1 TOHO Seed Bead Mix (I used #20-002-3222, Emerald Isle color mix)
- 2 White-Plated Round Metal Beads (use #26-463-1, 3mm corrugated)
TIP: Get all the above in our Happy Octopus Adjustable Wire Bangle Bracelet Making Kit!
And these tools:
- Beadalon Memory-Wire-Bending Pliers
- BeadSmith Heavy-Duty Economy Cutter
- 1-2 pair of non-serrated jewelry pliers (I used flat-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers)
Now follow these steps to make your bracelet:
Make Things! ~ Mollie
Editor’s Note: This blog was originally titled “How to Make an Expandable Wire Bangle Bracelet”