I’m not saying I choose my vacation destinations based solely on the locations of souvenir penny machines, but I am kind of hooked on these inexpensive keepsakes. And yes, I have the Penny Collector app on my iPhone, making the location of penny-pressing machines around the world readily available. But what is not to love–you basically get a keepsake charm (jewelry-making supply!) for less than a dollar. Swoon!
Here is a jewelry-making project that might just make you a fan of pressed pennies!
You will need the following supplies:
- 2 each souvenir pressed pennies (I used souvenir pennies from Sandpoint, Idaho)
- 1 pair French hook ear wires (I used item #34-063-41)
- 2 each Swarovski briolette beads (I used item #05-040-08-150)
- 2 each standard eye pins (I used item #37-722-7)
- 4 each round metal beads (I used item #26-463-7)
- 2 each French wire keepers (I used item #33-961)
- antiquing solution (I used item #86-310)
You will need the following tools:
- two-hole metal punch – item #69-235
- steel bench block – item #69-125
- automatic center punch – item #69-239
- flat metal file – item #69-252-01-2
- bail-making plier – item #69-275-21
- semi-flush side cutter – item #69-271-05
- flat-nose jewelry pliers – item #69-271-08
- chain-nose jewelry pliers – item #69-271-03
- rubber bench block – item #69-118
- 3M sanding sponge – item #69-257-0005
- ultra polishing pad – item #63-528
- fine-tip permanent marker
- cotton swab
And there is more!
♥ Make things!