TierraCast’s ready-to-use birthstone charms could not be any sweeter (sparkle joy)! I love them so much I designed a charming bangle bracelet to share the joy. Just follow these step-by-step instructions to create your own bracelet.
You will need these supplies:
- 3 each TierraCast Charms with Birthstone Mix of Swarovski Xirius Crystals – Antiqued Brass Plated (I used 1 each of “April, August, and December”)
- 1 each TierraCast Antiqued Brass Plated Britannia Pewter Amor Pendant
- 2 each TierraCast Antiqued Brass Plated Jardin Triangle Charm
- 6 each Antiqued Brass Plated Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes (use 1 each 10mm and 5 each 8mm jump rings; vary quantity based on quantity of charms)
- 1 each Brass 1/8″ Hammered Bangle Bracelet, 2-5/8″ ID
You will need these tools:
- 69-275-31 Wubbers Medium, Flat-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- 69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- 69-118 Rubber Bench Block, 4x4x1″
- 69-257-0003 3M Sanding Sponges, 500-600 Grit
- 63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2×2″
The hammered-brass bangle bracelets are available in two sizes. The large size has an inner diameter of 2-7/8″ and the smaller size is 2-5/8″.
A year’s worth of birthstones!
- January (Garnet, Siam red)
- February (Amethyst, purple amethyst)
- March (Aquamarine, light blue aquamarine)
- April (Diamond, clear crystal / CAL)
- May (Emerald, emerald green)
- June (Alexandrite, lavender light amethyst)
- July (Ruby, light Siam red)
- August (Peridot, pale green peridot)
- September (Sapphire, blue sapphire)
- October (Rose Zircon, rose pink)
- November (Golden topaz, topaz)
- December (Tanzanite, violet-blue tanzanite)
Follow these easy steps to make a birthstone bangle bracelet:
The brass bangles are made of raw brass and usually need a little polishing attention to make them look their best. To attain a high polish, start by removing any oxidation with a superfine 3M polishing pad.
Once the oxidation is removed from the brass bangle, it takes very little effort to produce a high polish with an Ultra polishing pad (a staff choice here at Rings & Things).
Lay out the charm and jump ring components. The large 10mm jump ring is used for attaching the heart charm to the bangle bracelet and 8mm jump rings are used for the smaller charms.
Follow these steps to attach the heart charm to the bangle bracelet: twist the jump ring open, string on the charm, attach to the bracelet, and twist the jump ring closed.
Continue attaching the smaller charms to the bangle bracelet in your preferred pattern.
“Close-to-my-Heart” Birthstone Bangle Bracelet by Rings & Things’ designer Mollie Valente.
Make your own TierraCast and Swarovski crystal bezel charms:
While the TierraCast Birthstone Assortment brings instant sparkle joy, you can also assemble your own custom charms. Rings & Things carries the empty bezels ready to fill with more than 6 dozen crystal color choices, and all you need to do is glue the little crystals in place.