Ever made your own custom ear wires, to get just the look you envision? Spiral Skull earrings by Rita show how!
Use memory wire to create your own ear wires!
Suggested materials are simple:
- 5″ of #61-177 Remembrance™ bracelet memory wire, stainless steel
- 2 of our #28-335-15 lampwork calaveras skull beads, black/white (this style is no longer available, sorry!)
- 12″ of #47-036 22-gauge round wire, silver plate
Tools and supplies are pretty minimal, too:
Rita suggests 2 tips to help you make these ear wires on your own:
* Use flush cutters to cut 2 equal lengths of memory wire. Form a loop at one end using round-nose pliers. With flat-nose pliers, create a bend at the “middle” of the wire. Smooth the opposite wire end with a cup bur.
* Form a spiral to size of your choice with plated wire. Add the skull bead, complete the wrapped loop and attach to the ear wire.
For information on how to create wire spirals, see Mark Lareau’s book All Wired Up: Wire Techniques for the Beadworker and Jewelry Maker (#62-449).