Resin jewelry is a great way to encapsulate an image; you can seal a Piddix image or even a photocopy of a cherished family photo under SuperClear resin. To get started just follow these step-by-step instructions.
Why we love SuperClear Resin:
- non-toxic formula
- crystal clear jewelry-grade formula with UV protectant to prevent yellowing
- bubbles easily dissipate
- low to no odor
- 20 minute working time
- 6-8 hour cure time at room temperature
- no shipping restrictions — This resin can be shipped worldwide!
You will need these tools and supplies:
- 24mm heart-shaped bezel
- 3.2mm ball chain
- 3.2mm ball chain clasp
- Piddix collage sheet
- Mixing cups
- Stir sticks
- SuperClear Resin
- Disposable plastic cup
- Lighter (use flame to draw out the bubbles)
- Fine-point scissors
- Optional paper sealer like Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! adhesive (Piddix collage sheets are printed with a specialty ink and do not need to be pre-sealed or treated to resist bleeding)
If you would like to make the “Music Lover” Necklace, a list of the exact parts used can be found in the Rings & Things Design Gallery. For other resin jewelry tutorials, check out the Jewelry Design Gallery.