Living in the Pacific Northwest, I quickly became a fan of the show Portlandia. It is a comedy sketch show on IFC (the Independent Film Channel), and all the characters are representative of the eccentric people that live in Portland, Oregon. In the first season, there was a famous sketch called, “Put a Bird on It” where two characters go around putting birds on everything and selling it as art. It is one of my favorite sketches! So when I made this necklace, I used that episode as inspiration!
This project is really easy to make! I’ll list the supplies and tools below needed to recreate this look!
- 22 gauge Artistic Wire, Bronze/Gunmetal color
- 12mm antique brass lobster clasp
- 4.5mm antique brass jump rings
- 6mm Czech glass round beads, I used the Luster Blend
- Vintaj Natural Brass Sparrow Pendant
- Chain nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Vintaj Metal Reliefing Block , or steel wool, or a polishing pad
Well, I hope you enjoyed this simple, yet sweet project! And speaking of Portlandia (the show which inspired this necklace), there is also a sketch on making jewelry! It is maybe my all time favorite! I will link it below, and I assure you, if you are a jewelry maker you will love it! ~Tiffany